Dream it, Wish it, Do it - Art Journal


Hello and welcome! It's Anita from the Scandinavian DT here. 

My Art Journal page happened quite accidentally when I looked at a roll of kitchen paper I had used to dry up some ink. I will explain below this photo of my finished page:





Here is my kitchen roll. As you can see, it has a printed pattern. It had a lot of Dylusion spray ink on when I tore off a piece and realized it was a perfect size to glue onto my AJ page:


When I had such a fun and pretty starting point, I just had to continue! When the glue was dry, (Matt Medium) underneath and on top of the paper, I used stamps from Round in Circles in a flower pattern in three places with black ink:




 

I coloured the circles with Distress re-inkers in pinks and yellow using a paint brush:



and stippled a frame around the page with a black Posca pen:



I stamped Dream it, Wish it, Do it, from Think Again  on tissue paper, tore around the edges and adhered it to the page using Matt Medium. I added highlights with a white Posca pen:


Some more interest added with a white Posca pen around the stamped flowers:


My tip today: Don't throw away colourful kitchen roll or tissue paper - they can be used as backgrounds in Art Journals! :-)


When this post goes live, I will be on holiday. I wish you all a lovely summer!

Hugs from Anita

Comments

Marjeta said…
Interesting, fun and not at last very pretty background. Thanks for the tip.

Marjeta
Craftyfield said…
A lovely transformation of the humble kitchen roll! Great Mixed MEdia page.
Mac Mable said…
What a fun way to start the project...Happy accident and such a creative idea. Loving the vibrant and pretty colours x
Julie S said…
How lovely! I have a big stack of paper towels that I just couldn't bring myself to throw away. You've inspired me. I need to put them to use!
ionabunny said…
Gorgeous page Anita. Love those flowers. Hugz
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Anita! ♥ Such a pretty page.
Good idea to use paper with ink and other colors. Cool way to create flowers with circle stamps!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands